Jay's Krabby Cake Too!
1 1/4 lb shredded imitation crab
1 1/2 cups fine ground cornmeal
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespons Cholula
1 cup finely grated mexi blend cheese
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon light Olive Oil
1. Combine cornmeal, sugar and salt and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine crab, cheese, spices, Cholula and eggs. Mix in a 1/2 cup of the cornmeal mixture.
3. In a skillet heat oil. Saute peppers for about 3 minutes. Add green onion and cilantro and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Combine sauteed vegetables with crab mixture. Using a scoop, form into balls, flattening to form patties. Chill at least 1 hour
2 large beaten eggs
1/4 cup (4 oz) water
Flour to dredge
Remaining cornmeal mix
Light olive oil
1. Combine eggs and water
2. Dip chilled patties into flour, then into cornmeal mix. Sautee in heated oil, turning once. Cook until golden brown and serve immediately.
Serve with Cholula Ranch Dressing
1 cup Ranch dressing and 1 oz Cholula Hot Sauce